Postgraduate taught degrees (2022 entry)
Iranian studies at St Andrews
- Gain access to a unique range of expertise on Iran from Late Antiquity to the modern era.
- Study in a rich research environment provided by the Institute for Iranian Studies and with staff located in other Schools including Art History, Classics and Modern Languages.
- Benefit from the resources of the University Library which has a distinctive collection of over 6,000 Persian books.
- With 12 faculty members, the Institute leads the field with the highest proportion of staff active in research and teaching in the UK; since 2006, they have published more than 25 books and in excess of 60 articles.
Modern languages at St Andrews
- Deepen and expand your interests in at least one language specialism through dedicated modules and individualised guided reading programmes.
- Fifty full-time academic staff teaching in seven languages provide unusually wide discipline-specific and cross-disciplinary research, teaching, and supervision expertise.
- Investigate cutting-edge Modern Languages research through involvement in the work of the School’s research centres, interdisciplinary research groups and postgraduate student seminars.
- A diverse and international study body from across Europe, North America, the Middle East, Asia and Africa, provides a global outlook.
Begum Nahid Iskander Mirza Postgraduate Scholarship 2022
The Institute of Iranian Studies will be awarding one Begum Nahid Iskander Mirza Scholarship in 2022.
This Scholarship is open to outstanding students (Home / EU / International) applying for the MLitt in Iranian Studies at the University of St Andrews in the academic year 2022/23. All students who have been offered a place on this programme by the closing date of the School of History’s MLitt Scholarship Competition (23rd April 2022) will be eligible for this Scholarship which is worth £4,000, to offset against fees. It may not be held in conjunction with any other awards made by the School of History offering full fees and maintenance. The award of this Scholarship will be made on the basis of academic merit. There is no separate application form.
Scholarships for taught postgraduate programmes
St Andrews is committed to attracting the very best students, regardless of financial circumstances. Bursaries and scholarships aim to reward academic excellence and are designed to provide assistance to help students support themselves during their time at university.