- This event has passed.
The Iranian Revolution at 40: Source Criticism and Perspectives
Friday May 31, 2019 @ 9:30 am - 6:30 pmFree
PANEL 1 (10-11.30) – The Arts and the Revolution
– Music and the Revolution (Parmis Mozafari, University of St Andrews)
– The Iranian Dramatic Arts and the Revolution (Saeed Talajooy, University of St Andrews)
PANEL 2 (11.30-1.30) – International Aspects
– The FCO Archives and the Iranian Revolution (Ali Ansari, University of St Andrews)
– The American Government Sources and the Revolution (Chris Emery, University of Plymouth)
– The Russian Analysis of the Revolution (Denis Volkov)
PANEL 3 (2.30-4) – Ethnic and Media Dimensions
– Kurdish Sources and the Revolution ( Marouf Cabi, University of St Andrews)
– The Domestic Iranian Press and the Revolution (Siavush Randjbar-Daemi, University of St Andrews)
KEYNOTE SPEECH (4.30-6.30)
– Touraj Atabaki (IISG, Amsterdam), with Oliver Bast (Sorbonne Nouvelle) as discussant. Introductory comments by Ali Ansari.